The Gare du Sud in Nice: your new foodie address!
Category : Leisure ideas / Tourism
The Gare du Sud in Nice is your go-to for a culinary adventure! Head to the large indoor market for lunch or drinks during your stay on the Côte d’Azur. The Best Western Hôtel Lakmi Nice brings you its top 5 gourmet stands!
The Gare du Sud Nice - Credit Best Western Hotel Lakmi Nice
New indoor market near the Best Western Hôtel Lakmi Nice
The Gare du Sud has had a makeover! The Monument Historique reopened in May 2019 as a large indoor market.
The Gare du Sud covers almost 2500m2 (1500m2 ground floor and 1000m2 mezzanine) with thirty-odd restaurants and shops serving regional produce and vintage wares in an industrial setting that blends marble, zinc, leafy corners and scrap iron to perfection. Settle into one of the 700 seats inside the building or on one of the many terraces surrounding the station.
Open daily 11am-11pm (closed Monday) and until midnight at the weekend, you're just a few minutes' walk from the Gare du Sud when you stay at the Best Western Hôtel Lakmi Nice.How to get there from the hotel? On foot (13 mins) – Go up Avenue Jean-Médecin and Avenue Malaussena, the Gare du Sud is on the left just before Place du Général de Gaulle. By tram (9 mins) - Take tram line 1 from the Jean Médecin stop towards Henri Sappia and get off at Libération, the Gare du Sud is on the left just before Place du Général de Gaulle.
Gourmet market at the Gare du Sud Nice - Credit Best Western Hotel Lakmi Nice
The Best Western Hôtel Lakmi Nice's top 5 gourmet stands
There's something for everyone at the Gare du Sud! Experience Nice specialities and more exotic cuisines: Asian, Indian, Thai, Japanese, American, Italian and even Scandinavian. It's the perfect place to get together and go on a culinary adventure exploring flavours from around the world.
The Best Western Hôtel Lakmi Nice presents its gorgeously gourmet picks:
- Mad A Nice: This double kiosk serves two classic Mediterranean cuisines: Lebanese and Nice. It's the perfect spot to try regional specialities during your stay in Nice: pan-bagnat, salade niçoise, socca etc.
Mad A Nice x Gare du Sud
- La Cave du Fromager: Get together with friends over a fabulous cheese platter washed down by 150 natural wines available from the wine merchant. Choose from thirty-odd top quality cheese options from eco-friendly producers.
- Emily and The Cool Kids: The 100% homemade pastries here get everyone's mouths watering. Fancy something sweet after an afternoon at the beach? Head to the Gare du Sud for one of their amazing cookies!
Emilie and the Cool Kids x Gare du Sud Nice
- Superlobster: Try their delicious lobster-based US street food: lobster sandwich, Mac & Cheese etc. The fresh lobster straight from America or our French coast will get your tastebuds rocking!
Superlobster x Gare du Sud Nice
- La Vie en Rose: Catch up with friends and family over a cooling cocktail or homemade smoothie as you soak up the bar's vintage look. You'll be singing La Vie en Rose by the end!
The Gare du Sud has been a huge success since opening so now it's your turn to visit the food hall during your holiday at the Best Western Hôtel Lakmi Nice.